TRACCS was a project funded by European Commission (DG CLIMA) and its aim was the collection of transport data to support the quantitative analysis of measures relating to transport and climate change. The project lasted for two years (Jan. 2012 to Dec. 2013) and its principal objective was to supply DG CLIMA with a general update of the historical transport data for use in the various activity and emission modeling/projection tools (COPERT, TREMOVE, PRIMES, TRANS-TOOLS, SULTAN, EC4MACS/GAINS ...) for policy assessment purposes in Europe. The consortium of the project consisted of EMISIA SA (GR), INFRAS (CH), and IVL (SE).The main achievements of the project are the following:
- Collection of country-specific data (stock, activity, economic) for the various transport modes in each of the EU28 Member States, plus Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, FYROM, and Turkey.
- Data collected on an annual basis for the period 2005-2010.
- Validation and interpretation of the data.
- Creation of a final processed detailed dataset that can be easily digested and incorporated by other models.
- Documentation of inconsistencies between data series and adjustment of data, where necessary, to ensure the delivery of a complete and consistent dataset.
- Development of indicators on the economic, environmental and usage aspects of transport.